The Sport Digest
One Academy Drive, Daphne, AL 36526
The Sport Digest, an electronic document, is a publication of the United States Sports Academy. It is designed to disseminate knowledge about issues of sport, fitness, and health for professionals as well as anyone seeking information in this field.
- The Sport Digest will be published on the World Wide Web, at http://www.thesportdigest.com/.
- Each edition of The Sport Digest will contain approximately 8-10 articles of interest, plus short pieces from the quarter’s news sources.
- Content will be of a general nature appealing to the sports professional and the general reader.
- The Sport Digest will be advertised through the Academy’s website.
- Letters will be sent to all members of the Academy’s National Faculty encouraging them to submit articles. Newsworthy feature articles on topics of current interest that would spark discussion are appreciated.
- Letters will be mailed to academic libraries introducing them to The Sport Digest.
- Archives will be indexed and maintained on the World Wide Web.
- The Sport Digest welcomes articles from the sport reading public, especially any short piece of general interest that warrants sharing with other sport information enthusiasts.
- Articles should be 300 to 500 words. Short pieces can be one paragraph to a page in length. We reserve the right to edit and shorten submissions.
- Please submit articles via e-mail or postal mail. We welcome information about a subject that could be researched into a timely article.
- Submissions should be well thought out and should use standard English grammar and mechanics.
- Articles not accepted for publication will be returned.
Links to The Sport Digest web pages can be placed on other websites with no need to obtain permission. In addition, authors may quote short passages from articles without obtaining permission, provided they do so verbatim and with attribution. When web-posting a quotation from a Sport Digest article, you are encouraged to link to the complete text, on this site. Permission must be obtained before any Sport Digest article is reproduced in full context on a website, in a book, or in any marketing materials. If you seek permission to reprint a full article from The Sport Digest, please print the PDF form below, fill out the information and fax it to the United States Sports Academy. Thank you for following this process so that the Sport Digest can manage the necessary copyright policies.
Some of the documents on this website are stored in Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format). To view and print PDF documents, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.
The Sport Digest does not have a subscription fee, but the Academy retains the right to set a fee when it desires.
The articles published in The Sport Digest are not intended to replace the advice of a physician and do not necessarily represent the opinions or views of the United States Sports Academy or the journals editors or editorial board members. The United States Sports Academy accepts students regardless of age, race, gender, religion, disability or national origin.